[postgis-users] PostgreSQL, PostGIS and spatial data

iheanyi Okeh simflex at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 29 08:47:59 PST 2004

Can you please then explain to me if you don't mind,
how the arguments in the where predicate are generated?

   WHERE the_geom && 'BOX3D(90900 190900, 100100 200100)'::box3d
   AND distance( the_geom( 'POINT(2227284.1963667543 1435389.6730164126)',
-1 ) ) < 100
ORDER BY dist limit 1

So far, the arguments in the BOX3D(...), I entered here are the same as the
x/y coordinate point in the select statement and I am pretty sure it isn't
correct.
I also think that the arguments in distance = distance( the_geom(
'POINT(2227284.1963667543 1435389.6730164126)' are probably not correct
also.