[postgis-users] (no subject)

Pericles Nacionales nacional at cbs.umn.edu
Mon Mar 29 12:00:07 PST 2004

David,

Since PostgreSQL is under the BSD license, you don't have to worry about
the DBMS itself.   If you are using PostGIS on its own (along with
PostgreSQL), I'd suggest talking to the Refractions folks.  If they alone
own the copyrights to PostGIS source code then they might be able to work
a licensing deal with you.  That might be the best deal for you and
Refractions... and perhaps for the rest of us PostGIS users (although we'd
still hope you'd share some of your work :).

If your company insists on using another geospatial database engine,
there's Oracle and informix.  Not cheap.

I hope this helps even though IANAL.

-Perry Nacionales