[postgis-users] RE: gone are my query results

Gregory S. Williamson gsw at globexplorer.com
Sat May 1 15:20:54 PDT 2004

If you do the query directly to postgres (via psql or pgAdmin or whatever) does the query return results ?

If so, then my guess is that this is not a database error, at least not directly. If ot then yes, it would seem that somehow the postGIS itself has gottent snarfled.

The change you made relating the geometryColumns doesn't sound to me like it should effect queries unless somehow the SRID info for the tables in your mapserver queries got clobbered; should be easy enough to confirm that this data is ok.

I am not familiar enough with PHP and mapserver to have a clue; does the mapserver log itself show anything ?

Not much help, I'm afraid, but perhaps posting this to the MMS list would add some more knowledge to the issue at hand ?

Greg Williamson
DBA
GlobeXplorer LLC