[postgis-users] Speed issues again

Zamil Murji Zamil.Murji at divestco.com
Thu May 6 15:23:42 PDT 2004

Running top as user root and then refreshing the query page shows the following:

- nothing for approx. 2 seconds
- after two seconds this shows up in top:
10061 postgres  17   0  2628 2476  1836 R     7.7  0.4   0:00   0 postmaster
10059 nobody    21   0  2284 2284  1892 S     0.3  0.4   0:00   0 mapserv
- this stays up for approximately 2-3 seconds

Yes, I am running mapserver on the same machine as the database.
The same mapserver is used to hit two different databases: one for prod and one for dev.
When I run top as user root and then refresh the prod query (the fast one), I can't even switch windows fast enough to see the mapserv or postmaster processes.

Zamil