[postgis-users] Postgis and Dynamic Segmentation

Christoph Spoerri cspoerri at cavtel.net
Thu May 6 19:18:47 PDT 2004

I implemented some basic dyn. segmentation functions (aka linear referencing)
on top of the existing geometries (3D lines) and use the Z value as the M (-
measure) value. I'm planning to migrate the function to the new LWGEOM over
the next few weeks.

The functions are written in C and include functions for:
- creating measures on geometries
- returning a new shape based on from/to arguments (or only from in case of
points)
- return the 'measure' for a given location along the point

If somebody is interested in the code, let me know and I can send it along.

cheers,
Christoph

BTW. when will the new LWGEOM format be released? Will it work transparently
with the exiting geometry format? It would be good to know, so that any
development efforts can be put into the 'correct' format.