[postgis-users] Building with mingw32, configure for PostgreSQL

TECHER Jean David davidtecher at yahoo.fr
Tue May 18 03:47:08 PDT 2004

Hi

I sent a mail to Wang about the compiled version of postgis that I made

Postgis was compiled with GEOS, PROJ . So if you want Craig you can download
it at

http://techer.pascal.free.fr/postgis/download/psqlwinpostgisdll75.zip

There are

postgis.sql, libpostgis.dll, postgis.sql, shp2pgsql.exe, pgsql2shp.exe

open postgis.sql and replace C:/MinGW/psqlwin/lib everywhere in this file by
the path of libpostgis.dll

The only error I have it that 'create index ... on ... using gist(the_geom
gist_geometry_ops)'

works only on small tables. For large tables, postgres.exe makes an error
and stoppped.

TECHER JEAN DAVID
- Responsable Informatique 01MAP -
e-mail:davidtecher at yahoo.fr