[postgis-users] Win32 PostgreSQL 7.5/PostGIS snapshot availablefor developers

Mark Cave-Ayland m.cave-ayland at webbased.co.uk
Wed May 26 01:18:10 PDT 2004

Hi Tyler,

I must admit I hadn't seen the index bug since I had only used a few
geometries in a table for my tests, but I was able to recreate it by
generating a large file full of random geometries and trying to build an
index on that as you suggested.

I've done some debugging using gdb and it looks like one of the GiST
pointers being passed into one of the GiST routines is wrong, so it's a
PostgreSQL/Win32 issue. I've submitted a suitable bug report to the
Win32 people along with my offer of help, and so I don't think it will
be too long before this issue is resolved. I'll keep the list posted
with my progress on this.

Many thanks,

Mark.

---

Mark Cave-Ayland
Webbased Ltd.
Tamar Science Park
Derriford
Plymouth
PL6 8BX
England

Tel: +44 (0)1752 764445
Fax: +44 (0)1752 764446

recipient please delete it from your system and notify the sender. You
should not copy it or use it for any purpose nor disclose or distribute
its contents to any other person.