[postgis-users] Win32 PostgreSQL 7.5/PostGIS snapshot availablefor developers

Mark Cave-Ayland m.cave-ayland at webbased.co.uk
Fri May 28 02:40:56 PDT 2004

Hi David,

You shouldn't have to do any of this with the pgsql75win.zip snapshot as
you can use the supplied batch files to make things easier. This is what
I do to setup my installation here:

	1. Extract pgsql75win.zip in C:\ (all paths will expand
correctly)
	2. Double-click initdb.bat to initdb in C:\pgsql75win\data
	3. Double-click pgstart.bat to start the PostgreSQL server
	3. Double-click env.bat to setup the correct command environment
	4. Type the following on the command line:
		createdb test
		createlang plpgsql test
	5. Fire up psql on the test database by typing:
		psql -d test
	6. Import the PostGIS definitions by typing:
		\i share/contrib/postgis.sql
		\i share/contrib/spatial_ref_sys.sql

And that's it. When you've finished with psql, type \q to exit. To
shutdown the server gracefully simply do a CTRL-C in the pgstart.bat
window.

Hope this helps,

Mark.

---

Mark Cave-Ayland
Webbased Ltd.
Tamar Science Park
Derriford
Plymouth
PL6 8BX
England

Tel: +44 (0)1752 764445
Fax: +44 (0)1752 764446

recipient please delete it from your system and notify the sender. You
should not copy it or use it for any purpose nor disclose or distribute
its contents to any other person.