[postgis-users] Compilation

Shaz Shaz shaz850 at yahoo.co.uk
Sun May 30 02:23:40 PDT 2004

Thanks for the reply Paul.
The problem is that I have other things that rely on
an old version of Postgres, postgres 7.2. Because of
that I would like to integrate postgis in to my
current redhat postgres version. You also don't have
rpms for postgres 7.2 on Redhat 7.3. Is there a way of
compiling  postgis and placing it in a location on the
existing RedHat postgres 7.2 install. Could someone
please describe a way of doing this, without losing
the RedHAT postgres install?

Thanks very much for your help.

Regards
Roger

 --- Paul Ramsey <pramsey at refractions.net> wrote: > If
you want an RPM, why not use the SRPMS provided