[postgis-users] Desperately seeking simple solution

Gerry Creager N5JXS gerry.creager at tamu.edu
Sun May 30 07:10:27 PDT 2004

I've got a postgres database that incorporates point data.  One table
holds lat/lon and other site (static) info, while another table houses
all the time-dependent data.  We're talking surface meteorological data
for the most part.

I'm trying to transition a big chunk to PostGIS and was wondering if
there's a relatively easy way to do it.  I don't want to take the site
down for several days, so the transition will have to occur off-line,
and then I'll do a swap.

I'm sorta at a loss right now for ideas and don't want to trash my
existing db in trying this.

Thanks for all suggestions!
gerry
Gerry Creager -- gerry.creager at tamu.edu
Cell: 979.229.5301 Office: 979.458.4020 FAX: 979.847.8578
Page: 979.228.0173