[postgis-users] Win32 Installer Update - PostgreSQL 8.0 beta 3 and PostGIS 0.9 branch

Mark Cave-Ayland m.cave-ayland at webbased.co.uk
Fri Oct 15 01:02:21 PDT 2004

Hi everyone,

Now I've finally got my workstation up and running again, I've updated my
Windows installer at http://www.webbased.co.uk/mca/.

The new version is split into two sections: since there is no "official"
PostgreSQL 8.0 beta 3 installer yet, I have created a new, slightly cut down
MSI image from the latest CVS of the installer to install beta 3. The main
PostGIS installer is a slightly modified version of Steffen Macke's PostGIS
installer at http://dcmms.sourceforge.net/postgis_installer.php which worked
really well for me - thanks Steffen! :)

I have tested the installer by running through examples/ogc_test_suite and
some test index queries. It seems to work fine for me :)

The version of PostGIS is a pull from 0.9 branch CVS from a couple of days
ago, so it includes the newer AsSVG() function which was not in my older
beta 1 release. Also bundled are the latest and greatest GEOS 2.0.1 and PROJ
4.4.8. Since beta1 and beta2 had some fairly nasty bugs in them, I recommend
that anyone currently using the beta1 installer to evaluate PostGIS use the
new beta3 installer instead.

Enjoy!

Mark.

WebBased Ltd