[postgis-users] GiST questions

Michael Mallete mrmallete at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 15 02:23:22 PDT 2004

Good day gentlemen! thanx for the reply.

anyway i'm using postgresql 8.0 beta 2 dev 3.

by "stop" i mean it just stopped. no error messages,
it just stopped processing. the command prompt just
didn't return anything anymore. i did the same in
pgadminIII and the same result. processing just
stopped. and the "ok" command was still disabled. i
checked the task manager and  there was very little
cpu usage so i bet it's no longer processing that
command. i waited for about 20mins and nothing
happened.

but when i rebooted and tried it again, this time it
worked. that's really weird. perhaps this is a
hardware issue already or something (i'm using an old
dell precision workstation on a win2k platform).

anyway, i'll be posting further observations. i'm
really sorry for the interruption sirs.

thank you so much for your responses! :)