[postgis-users] How do you use PostGIS?

Paul Ramsey pramsey at refractions.net
Sat Apr 30 21:44:22 PDT 2005

PostGIS'ers:

The time has come again for my annual query of our list. The last time
I asked this, about a year and a half ago, there were ~260 people on
the list. This time, there are ~600 people. So by one metric at least
we are growing quickly in numbers. We also have ~1200 source code
downloads a month these days, up from ~350.

Anyhow, the question is this:

    "How are you using PostGIS in your organization?"

I am preparing for the Open Source Geospatial conference in Minnesota
(http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/mum/) and would like to get a feel for
what people are doing these days with PostGIS?

If you could say in your response, at a minimum:

- Name of the organization
- Data being managed in the database
- How the data is being accessed / manipulated
- Why you chose to use PostGIS for the application

And also for our edification and strategic planning:

- What PostGIS feature or PostGIS-related software (not necessarily
internal to PostGIS) would make your life much easier/better?

Thanks so much!

Paul