[postgis-users] GTK/Gnome GIS Client

Scott Ellington scottellington at comcast.net
Mon Aug 8 10:04:14 PDT 2005

I think everything should be unified around the platform.  If I was
using KDE I would run QGIS.  It is really is a completely different
architecture and I have already invested a lot in Gnome/Gtk.  I think
there is a niche to fill for Gnome GIS.

The only active gnome project which is mapping-related that I have found
is Roadster (http://linuxadvocate.org/projects/roadster/ ).  It's not
really what I am talking about, but very cool.

BTW, there are no qt licensing issues anymore.

Scott

Scott Ellington <scottellington at comcast.net>