[postgis-users] shp2pgsql - can it export data to different field names?

Eduardo Patto Kanegae lists at webmapit.com.br
Tue Aug 16 09:27:55 PDT 2005

Hi folks,

I'd like to know if "shp2pgsql" tool can take a given shapefile as input and then export its DBF field definitions according to a new structure given by parameters.

Example: I'd like to export my CITIES.SHP which has the following DBF fields:
- ID
- NAME
- POPULATION
- OTHERFIELD

And then export it with the following layout:

- c_id
- c_name
- c_pop
- X :: IGNORE "OTHERFIELD" and dont export it!

Is that possible using this tool?

If not, what C file should I change to do that?

best regards.

Eduardo Patto Kanegae
http://www.webmapit.com.br