[postgis-users] cable network schema/OS GIS system?

Brent Wood pcreso at pcreso.com
Thu Aug 25 23:58:22 PDT 2005

Hi,

I've been asked to look into an Open Source solution for a GIS to support a
fibre & network /ISP company.

At this stage they are looking at a system to store fibre segment & node info,
along with the appropriate spatial & aspatial attributes to both record the
required attributes and relationship links.

While I'm comfortable that this is doable with PostGIS, I'm wondering if anyone
in the OS GIS community already has any schema's to suport this sort of system,
or has already implemented a simple telco type network GIS with OS GIS tools?

Thanks,

  Brent Wood