[postgis-users] COPY too slow when geometry column is indexed

strk at refractions.net strk at refractions.net
Fri Dec 2 00:55:46 PST 2005

It might be useful drawing a graph of your timings putting
time spent in the Y axis and number of records in table
in the X axis, then send it to pgsql-hackers for analisys.

The only reason I can think of for this being a postgis-specific
problem is big leaking in index code, but I don't think we
still leak (1.0.4 fixed a leak and was tested with milions
of records).

Also, do you delete records as well ? Deleted keys would
stick in the index until a vacuum full...

--strk;