[postgis-users] Postgis JDBC Driver update

Paul Ramsey pramsey at refractions.net
Fri Dec 2 20:59:29 PST 2005

Johan,
   I have been following your emails on the udig list as well, and
the fact that other users can connect to postgis fine indicates to me
that the problem is likely not something as broad as a jdbc driver
problem, or else everyone would be having troubles.
   There is something particular about your setup which is the key,
but it's hard to know what.  One thing you could do is turn on
statement logging in postgresql.conf and watch the log while udig
connects, see how far it gets, so you can see what return value it is
choking on.  You could also try to write some trivial JDBC
applications that connect and pull back geometries and see if things
die there.  It is too bad you cannot connect to our test instance,
since that takes your particular server configuration right out of
the testing equation.
Paul