[postgis-users] Postgis JDBC Driver update

Johan Wehtje genwolf at gmail.com
Fri Dec 2 22:07:37 PST 2005

Paul,
 I followed your suggestions - and my pg logs show that what is happening is
that the client is querying for relations that are not schema qualified
therefore there are a whole lot of errors saying that
"relation <geom table name> does not exist". I have tried to create Postgis
Tables in the public schema but for wahtever reason Udig is not seeing them.

I do think that the problem lies with the older Postgis driver not
understanding schema's as the logged client requests that generate errors
are not schema qualified.

I tried a trivial JDBC connection using Coldfusion connected to a JDBC data
source. Queries like this:

<cfquery name="geomtest"     datasource="jdbc.env_db">
SELECT gid, tag, AsText(the_geom) as geostring from shapes.bompah3
</cfquery>

Generate the expected output.

I also tried area, centroid, intersection and a number of other queries and
all returned the expected results, all issued over a JDBC connection between
Postgres and Cold Fsuion.

I tried the same thing setting up a data source in OpenOffice 2.0 and
running Postgis Functions like area as queries against Postgis Tables over a
JDBC connection, and all queries returned the expected results.

In addition QGis on both windows and Linux (which uses an embedded Posgresql
C library) has no problems with any of the Postgresql/Postgis servers.

Could you give me the connection parameters to test instance and I will give
that a try, though being on a satellite connection I sometimes have trouble
with applications that have timeouts set below the latency to be expected on
such a connection.

Cheers
Johan Wehtje