[postgis-users] libgeos.so.3

Stephen Davies sdc at sdc.com.au
Sun Dec 4 22:51:10 PST 2005

OOPS!  Yes. I did mean 2.1.4. Got a bit heavy handed with the 1 key;-)

I was rebuilding GEOS, GDAL and Mapserver to include both PostGIS and
ECW support. After a few failed attempts to get the ER Mapper libraries
to build, I resorted to building against some of the libraries in the
FW Toolkit. This is where libgeos.so.3 came into the picture.
It was also the way out as Frank's package also includes libgeos.so.3.

The bottom line is that I now have a version of Mapserver that supports
both PostGIS and ECW; which is fantastic. The only downer is that, as a
hybrid, it is less than fully portable.

Hopefully the stuff from ER Mapper will become easier to build.

Cheers,
Stephen