[postgis-users] inserting records via web-client

Bart van den Eijnden BEN at Syncera-ITSolutions.NL
Mon Dec 5 22:58:15 PST 2005

Also, in addition, I believe Andreas Neumann has done this using SVG. Here are some of his papers/sites:

http://www.svgopen.org/2004/papers/abstract_neumann_svgopen_2004_svg_as_editing_environment/

http://www.carto.net/papers/svg/samples/

Best regards,
Bart

Bart van den Eijnden
Syncera IT Solutions
Postbus 270
2600 AG  DELFT

tel.nr.: 015-7512436
email: BEN at Syncera-ITSolutions.nl
>>> pramsey at refractions.net 12/06/05 4:53 AM >>>
I think both chameleon (maptools.org) and mapbender (mapbender.org)
allow client side digitization. From there it is a very small amount
of scripting to post the result back to a trivial PHP or Java or
Python or Whatever script that inserts the result into the database.
Or, as Tom wrote, you could use an even more abstracted
architecture.  We've done this using a proprietary web UI a couple
times, OpenIMF (moximedia.com) (where the "open" stands for open
standards, not open source).