[postgis-users] postgis 1.0.6 install problem

Doug_Newcomb at fws.gov Doug_Newcomb at fws.gov
Mon Dec 12 04:49:45 PST 2005

/sbin/ ldconfig -v  should put it in your library path  without restarting
your system.

Doug

Doug Newcomb
USFWS
Raleigh, NC
919-856-4520 ext. 14 doug_newcomb at fws.gov

The opinions I express are my own and are not representative of the
official policy of the U.S.Fish and Wildlife Service or Dept. of Interior.
I left my signature file in /dev/null

             Maik Trömel
             <maik.troemel at mai
             tro.net>                                                   To
             Sent by:                  PostGIS Users Discussion
             postgis-users-bou         <postgis-users at postgis.refractions.
             nces at postgis.refr         net>
             actions.net                                                cc

                                                                   Subject
             12/12/2005 03:05          Re: [postgis-users] postgis 1.0.6
             AM                        install problem

             Please respond to
               PostGIS Users
                Discussion
             <postgis-users at po
             stgis.refractions
                   .net>

Hello,
I had the same problem a view days ago. If the changes in ld.so.conf
didn't work restart your system. After restarting PostGIS worked without
any problem on my server.

Greetings
Maik

Jeff Herrin wrote:

>I am trying to install postgis 1.06 with postgres 8.1.0 from the contrib
folder.
>I keep getting this error when compiling. I have verified that the
.usr/local/pgsql/;ib folder is accessable in the system path. Any
assistance would be greatly appreciated.

>gsql2shp.o -L/src/postgres/postgresql-8.1.0/contrib/postgis-1.0.6
/../../src/interfaces/libpq -lpq -L/src/postgres/postgresql-8.1.0
/contrib/postgis-1.0.6/../../src/port -l
>stdc++  -Wl,-rpath,/usr/local/pgsql/lib -o pgsql2shp
>/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lpq
>collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
>make[1]: *** [pgsql2shp] Error 1
>make[1]: Leaving directory `/src/postgres/postgresql-8.1.0
/contrib/postgis-1.0.6/loader'