[postgis-users] Is my query planner failing me, or vice versa?

Gregory S. Williamson gsw at globexplorer.com
Wed Dec 14 16:23:47 PST 2005

Forgive the cross-posting, but I found myself wondering if might not be some way future way of telling the planner that a given table (column ?) has a high likelyhood of being TOASTed. Similar to the random_page_cost in spirit. We've got a lot of indexed data that is spatial and have some table where no data is toasted (road segments) and others where evrything is.

An idle suggestion from one who knows that he is meddling with ;-}

Greg Williamson
DBA
GlobeXplorer LLC