[postgis-users] [Ann] Ubuntu Breezy Badger: Postgresql 8.1, GEOS 2.2.1, Grass 6.0.1 and Qgis 0.7.4

Blair Zajac blair at orcaware.com
Thu Dec 15 17:55:06 PST 2005

Hopefully, this will be my last announcement.

Given Debian's and Ubuntu's recent changing of the GEOS package name (from
libgeos2c2 to libgeos2c2a) to reflect recompilation of the C++ code using a
newer g++ with a different C++ ABI, the installation my GIS related packages
prevented use of the Ubuntu official Gdal, Grass and Qgis packages.

Given that, I've built the packages that could not be installed against the new
C++ ABI packages, using the latest releases of the source package.

Here's what's new since my last announcement:

1) Postgresql 8.1.1, up from 8.1.0
2) GEOS 2.2.1, up from 2.2.0
3) Gdal 1.2.6, new package
4) Grass 6.0.1, new package
5) Qgis 0.7.4, new package

Installation instructions:

====

1) Add to the top of your /etc/apt/sources.list the following two lines:

deb http://www.orcaware.com/packages/ubuntu/ breezy/
deb-src http://www.orcaware.com/packages/ubuntu/ breezy/

2) Run

apt-get update