[postgis-users] postgis install under suse 10.0

Poizot Emmanuel poizot at cnam.fr
Tue Dec 20 01:59:14 PST 2005

Hi,
as I couldn't resolve my probs to instal postgis, I restart from the
beginning :)
I did uninstall everythink, i.e. proj, geos, readline, postgres, postgis.
I did download the last tar.gz of all this previous packages and
installed them one by one.
proj -> ok, then
readline -> ok, then
I did at this point a ldconfig -> ok
geos -> ok, then
postgres -> can't find readline !!
I did check in /usr/local/lib and found libreadline.*.* !
To compile postgres I started with:
LDFLAGS=-lsstdc++ ./configure --with-libs=/usr/local/lib
--with_includes=/usr/local/include --enable-multibyte --with-CXX
--prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc
I can't understand why it don't find readline.
I know it's a postgres probs but  it's a way I must go through before
installing postgis.
Regards

Emmanuel Poizot
Cnam/Intechmer