[postgis-users] N-Point Buffer

Stefano B. stefano.bonnin at comai.to
Wed Dec 21 00:37:59 PST 2005

Hi,

I have different set of points on my map. I'd like to create a buffer (poligon) for each set (in order to display different "background areas" for each set).

So, how can I create a "buffer area" for a set of points?
The first idea:

    - find the poligon that contains this points (1)
    - create a buffer of this poligon (2)

(1) it seems, to me,  difficult (or not?)
(2) ...

if is it the right way to do this, how can I find the polygon?
if it is the wrong way, what is the best method to to this?

Thanks
Stefano.