[postgis-users] transform() does not do work for NGO1948 zone III -> WGS84 longlat (epsg:27393->epsg:4326)

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Wed Dec 21 07:31:22 PST 2005

On 12/21/05, strk at refractions.net <strk at refractions.net> wrote:
> Thank you Frank,
> maybe we should raise a WARNING in that case ? I mean, is
> "shift files not found" condition a sign of incomplete
> installation of PROJ4 ?

Strk,

In PROJ.4 an error is raised because pj_transform() terminates.
In your case you might try translating this to a warning, since you
try to workaround the issue by doing the no-datum-shift conversion.

On 12/21/05, Patrick <pvanlaake at users.sourceforge.net> wrote:
> Why would the error be thrown in the first place, seeing that we are going
> from NGO1948/Bessel to WGS84/WGS84? Where does the grid shift enter?

I don't think error -38 is occuring in your case.  I believe Strk just
pointed out that this is the only situation in which the fallback logic
in the postgis transform() function is used.

Best regards,