[postgis-users] importing 3d shapefiles

Ivan Kautter ivankautter at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 26 17:37:36 PST 2005

Mark,

Just out of curiosity, what was the specific shp2pgsql statement that you
used and how were you able to confirm that the imported line is only 2d and
not 3d.

Also I am curious if you can confirm that a 3d shapefile was indeed output
from GRASS.  I am assuming you used v.out.ogr and specified it with layer
creation option ARCZ.

Having no experience with these issues, I can't suggest a course of action,
but it might be good to confirm for those who can assist you the steps that
you took to create and import the 3d shapefile.

Ivan Kautter