[postgis-users] importing 3d shapefiles

Mark Wright sparkymeister at gmail.com
Mon Dec 26 20:36:34 PST 2005

I imported the shapefile back into grass and it turns out that it was
not a 3d shapefile. So I guess the 3rd dimention was lost on export.
However, I also tried exporting from grass directly into postgres with
v.out.ogr and got the same results. I know the geometry column in
postgres was a 2d geometry because the geometry_columns table had it
listed as 2d and the geometry column had a 2d constraint. Also
selecting z(startpoint(wkb_geometry)) always returns 0.

It exports fine to pov-ray. Too bad there isn't a pov2pgsql app.

Mark