[postgis-users] Fwd: [Gdal-dev] ogr2ogr, postgis, s57 & enforce_dims_wkb_geometry

strk at refractions.net strk at refractions.net
Wed Feb 9 13:10:53 PST 2005

On Wed, Feb 09, 2005 at 08:55:34PM +0100, Tore Halset wrote:
> On Feb 9, 2005, at 14:52, strk at refractions.net wrote:
>
> >Frank explained the problem very well.
> >
> >You can drop the dimensions constraint on your table if you don't
> >care about in-table dimension consistency:
> >
> >ALTER TABLE airare DROP CONSTRAINT enforce_dims_wkb_geometry;
>
> I tried that, but it was recreated the next time I started ogr2ogr.

It's AddGeometryColumn() adding it.
Maybe we should provide an overloaded AddGeometryColumn with
no dimensions argument using a special value for the dimension
field (-1?) and omitting the constraint...
What people thing about this ?

BTW, I think ogr2ogr should be consistent in inserted geometries dims,
at least to respect the parameter passed to AddGeometryColumn().

--strk;