[postgis-users] postgresql8.0 and postgis1.0.0

Pritesh Shah pritesh.krish at gmail.com
Wed Feb 16 01:09:11 PST 2005

hi,

I'm trying to backup a server and restore it on a different machine
with newer versions of postgresql and postgis. Dumps have been created
for the following versions from the old database server:

Postgresql  7.4.6
Postgis       0.8.2

Now since both the packages have released newer versions i've
installed the following on my newer machine where i would like to
restore the dumped databases.

Postgresql  8.0.1 and
Postgis       1.0.0

For restoring the information i'm using

psql -e -f abc.sql template1

While restoring the dumps i've collected the following information
where the problem occurs:

..
..
..
CREATE FUNCTION histogram2d_in(cstring) RETURNS histogram2d
    AS '$libdir/libpostgis.so.0.8', 'histogram2d_in'
    LANGUAGE c STRICT;
psql:abc.sql:3947: ERROR:  could not access file
"$libdir/libpostgis.so.0.8": No such file or directory
..
..
..

I understand that this is due to the following:

libpostgis.so.8.0 is now liblwgeom.so.1.0 and also

histogram2d_in  is now  lwhistogram2d_in
histogram2d_out is now lwhistogram2d_out and so on.

Now my problem is there are a lot of databases that use the postgis
stuff (like the histogram2d_in) which has changed from the older
version to the newer version. What do i do to overcome this problem??
Can somebody help me out with this??

Cheers,
Pritesh