[postgis-users] Posting updates to postgis w/ JUMP.

strk at refractions.net strk at refractions.net
Sat Feb 19 00:25:36 PST 2005

On Fri, Feb 18, 2005 at 02:48:58PM -0800, Jason Leach wrote:
> hi,
>
> When saving some edits back to postgis from JUMP I get the following error:
>
> ERROR:  new row for relation '1021_line' violates check constraint
> "enforce_srid_the_geom".  Does anyone know what exactly the constraint
> is doing?  The constraint that I am not sure about is:
>
>      "enforce_srid_the_geom" CHECK (srid(the_geom) = -1)

The constraint is ensuring that the SRID of geometry stored in the_geom
is equal to -1. Did you change the geometry SRID from within JUMP ?
Or.. did you load in JUMP a geometry with a different SRID and then tried
to store it in that column ?

You can drop the constraint if you know what you're doing:
ALTER TABLE <yourtable> DROP CONSTRAINT enforce_srid_the_geom;

--strk;