[postgis-users] directions of roads

Markus Schaber schabios at logi-track.com
Mon Feb 28 00:33:29 PST 2005

Hi, Michael,

Michael Jenik schrieb:

> I have a roads table of a city. But it hasn't ant
> field of direction of travel.
> I would like to know if someoneo of you know how the
> standard is for this data.
> I think it must be a char seting "foward respec to
> address" , oposite or two ways.
>
> The final objective is to be able to trase the
> shortest car pah form one point to another..
>
> has anybody got a road schema with directions?

We currently use the NavteQ database for Europe. Their specification
includes two ways for specifying travel direction. For small streets,
they usually use a single-char attribute that tells whether this street
can be driven forwards, backwards or both ways. For larger streets (e.
G. highways), they usually seperately specify the lanes for the
different directions, with correspondingly different geometries.

Markus

--
markus schaber | dipl. informatiker
logi-track ag | rennweg 14-16 | ch 8001 zürich