[postgis-users] Re: PHP-PostGIS Wrapper Class

Martin Høgh mh at svaj.dk
Tue Jan 4 05:31:37 PST 2005

Hi,
Its sound very interesting. I'm the developer of the MapLink project at http://sourceforge.net/projects/maplink/ and I think we can benefit from each other's work. I'll follow the progress of your work.

Martin

Thanks to the excellent (chap 5) PostGIS Documentation, I have *almost*
completed a php wrapper class for postGIS. I have also added a couple of
my own functions in there to make life easier, especially for new
postGIS Users. This class is primarily a documentation class, it
outlines the PostGIS functions for phpDoc style API Documentation and
basically provides a usage example of the postGIS functions. It needs a
whole lot of work, before I can say that it could possibly be used in a
prod environment!

If there is interest from the php-postgis community, I will set up a CVS
account for any developers wishing to contribute to it on
http://avoir.uwc.ac.za (and create a project for it).

Could I get a show of hands for anyone interested? plus please mail me a
a username:passord off list to add you to the project.

Thanks

--Paul

--
Martin Høgh