[postgis-users] /usr/local/lib on Fedora Core 3

Doug_Newcomb at fws.gov Doug_Newcomb at fws.gov
Wed Jan 5 13:40:57 PST 2005

Hi Folks,

      Just a general FYI, if you are compiling on Fedora Core 3 with
SELinux enabled, the SELinux utlility will interfere with adding library
paths via the method below.  You can temporarily disable  this by clicking
applications-->system settings-->security level .  This will bring up the
Firewall and SELinux menu.  Click on the SELinux tab and uncheck the box
next to enforcing current and save the settings.

      At this point you can run /sbin/ldconfig.  Once this is done, I
recommend reenabling the SELinux :-).   I'm sure there's a nongui way of
doing it, but I haven't gone there yet.

Doug

Doug Newcomb
USFWS
Raleigh, NC
919-856-4520 ext. 14 doug_newcomb at fws.gov

The opinions I express are my own and are not representative of the
official policy of the U.S.Fish and Wildlife Service or Dept. of Interior.
I left my signature file in /dev/null

|---------+--------------------------------------------->
|         |           boo hou <houboo2001 at yahoo.com.cn> |
|         |           Sent by:                          |
|         |           postgis-users-bounces at postgis.refr|
|         |           actions.net                       |
|         |                                             |
|         |                                             |
|         |           12/29/2004 06:13 AM               |
|         |           Please respond to PostGIS Users   |
|         |           Discussion                        |
|         |                                             |
|---------+--------------------------------------------->
  >---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |                                                                                             |
  |        To:      PostGIS Users Discussion <postgis-users at postgis.refractions.net>            |
  |        cc:                                                                                  |
  |        Subject: Re: [postgis-users] problem occured when installing postgis,help me         |
  >---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

Thanks very much. Problem was solved! It's like what
you said,
I forgot to add /usr/local/lib to /etc/ld.so.conf and
run /sbin/ldconfig. You helped me a lot. Happy New
Year!!

=== message truncated ===

150万曲MP3疯狂搜,带您闯入音乐殿堂
http://music.yisou.com/