[postgis-users] GiST index on multiple columns?

Mark Cave-Ayland m.cave-ayland at webbased.co.uk
Tue Jan 11 03:23:51 PST 2005

Hi Robin,

What you need is the contrib/btree_gist package which implements B-Tree
indices using GiST. It is then possible to create a multi-column GiST index
across the geometry column and your integer column (note that I haven't
tried this myself, so it would be interesting to know if this does actually
increase the efficiency of your queries).

Kind regards,

Mark.

WebBased Ltd
South West Technology Centre