[postgis-users] Possible issue with Geos on PostgreSQL 8.0NativeWindows

Mark Cave-Ayland m.cave-ayland at webbased.co.uk
Thu Jan 13 02:23:23 PST 2005

Hi David/Paul,

Yes, I'm sure that I did a test without -lstdc++ under Win32, and using my
modified version of Steffan's installer, I tried the following as suggested
by strk to throw a GEOS exception:

	select geosnoop('POLYGON((0 0, 1 1, 0 0))');

This didn't crash my backend. However, I can't vouch for the version of
PostGIS included with the pginstaller as to be honest I haven't used it
myself. Perhaps we need to include the above command in the regression tests
so that the pginstaller guys (who probably aren't that knowledgable about
PostGIS) can ensure that they have a working PostGIS before release?
However, I can't see why the pginstaller guys would have a different working
environment to the one I use here..... Perhaps Regina could try the above
test for us on RC5 PostGIS and let us know whether it crashes the backend?

Kind regards,

Mark.

WebBased Ltd
South West Technology Centre