[postgis-users] MapServer and PostGIS 1 RC1 and RC2

Düster Horst Horst.Duester at bd.so.ch
Thu Jan 27 00:03:18 PST 2005

Now my third attempt to get an answer of my posted question.
Since a time I'm playing with MapServer 4.4.1 and PostGIS 1RC1 and RC2 since
today with semi
success. I'm able to create maps with polygon and line layers from PostGIS,
but PostGIS/Postgres crashes with the error message (see below) when I
use a point layer. This crash appears exclusively with all my point layers
which work fine with MS 4.4.1 and Postgis 0.8. Do there exist any
restrictions of using PostGIS 1 with MapServer 4.4.1??

I would be appreciate about any hint.

With best regards

Horst

Mapfile snippet:

LAYER
  CONNECTIONTYPE POSTGIS
  CONNECTION 'dbname=xx host=xx user=xx port=5432'
  DATA "wkb_geometry from asit2 USING UNIQUE ogc_fid USING SRID=-1"
  TYPE POINT

Error message:
> msDrawMap(): Image handling error. Failed to draw layer named 'asit2'.
> msPOSTGISLayerWhichShapes(): Query error. Error executing POSTGIS SQL
> statement (in FETCH ALL): DECLARE mycursor BINARY CURSOR FOR SELECT

ANZ_TOT::text,asbinary(force_collection(force_2d(wkb_geometry)),'NDR'),ogc_f
> id::text from avt_asit_unfall WHERE wkb_geometry &&
setSRID('BOX3D(588837.5
> 213700,648462.5 261400)'::BOX3D, -1 ) -server closed the connection
> unexpectedly This probably means the server terminated abnormally before
or
> while processing the request. Error with POSTGIS data variable. You
> specified ''.
> Standard ways of specifiying are :
> (1) 'geometry_column from geometry_table'
> (2) 'geometry_column from (<sub query>) as foo using unique <column name>
> using SRID=<srid#>'
>
> Make sure you put in the 'using unique <column name>' and 'using SRID=#'
> clauses in.
>
> For more help, please see http://postgis.refractions.net/documentation.php

> Mappostgis.c - version of Jan 23/2004.

---------------------------------