[postgis-users] two different geometries with the same Astext

Miguel de la Fuente mjdelafuente at gmail.com
Mon Jul 18 08:55:23 PDT 2005

Hello, I'looking for help with something that already happens to me in
the past, comparing two geometries with equals() return false but when
I get the AsText() of both it was the same.
Right now I'm having a similar problem with within(), when I ask if a
geometry1 is within a geometry2 in another table, both
multilinestrings,  the result is false.
I ask the AsText of both and see that the geometry1 is one segment of
geometry2, so it is within it.
And, if I ask
wthin(GeometryFormText(AsText(geometry1)),GeometryFormText(AsText(geometry2)))
return true

Then, why wthin(geometry1,geometry2) return false ?

Can anyone help me??

Thanks