[postgis-users] Geocoding

Rich Gibson rich.gibson at gmail.com
Fri Jul 29 13:52:31 PDT 2005

Hi Alec,

Geocoder.us is based on the open source Perl module, Geo::Coder::US,
and the free Tiger data.

Schuyler has also considered adapting it to use NAVTAQ data, but not
as open source.  If it used NAVTAQ data we would need to figure out
the data licensing issues.  They have better data, and it can be worth
the price, but the free data is pretty good, and did I mention that it
is free :-)

Cheers,
Rich