[postgis-users] PostGIS and MyGIS

Paul Ramsey pramsey at refractions.net
Fri Jun 10 04:21:10 PDT 2005

What do you mean by MyGIS? There is the spatial side of MySQL, which
has not changed a lot since our initial preview of it in version 4.1.
I assume all the stability issues are fixed, but the fundamental
stuff (only bbox operations, ISAM tables only) remain in place. There
is a hack in Mapserver called "MyGIS" which basically consists of a
way of storing WKB in MySQL for the purposes of mapping with
Mapserver, but that's as far as it goes.

P.