[postgis-users] Vacuum analyse ERROR: Operation on two GEOMETRIESwith different SRIDs

strk at refractions.net strk at refractions.net
Wed Jun 15 03:24:24 PDT 2005

On Wed, Jun 15, 2005 at 11:09:10AM +0100, Mark Cave-Ayland wrote:

> [...]

(cut)

> > INFO:  analyzing "public.workspace"
> > INFO:  "workspace": 1 pages, 15 rows sampled, 15 estimated total rows
> > ERROR:  Operation on two GEOMETRIES with different SRIDs

I've verified this myself.
Yes, it's btree ops involved. Even in 1.x series.
analyze verbose can show the corrupted table, but question is:
should a table containing mixed-SRID geometries be really considered
corrupted ?

The btree ops are really just place-holders to allow DISTINCT
and ORDER BY operations, we could change their
semantics to include SRID in their checks (compare SRID number,
upper-left X and Y values, lower-right X and Y values).

What do you think ?

--strk;