[postgis-users] ERROR: invalid join selectivity: inf

Ron Mayer rm_postgis at cheapcomplexdevices.com
Fri Mar 4 02:50:34 PST 2005

With the latest CVS version I'm getting an error I've never seen before:

    select * from rtgr.landpoly,userfeatures.areas  where rtgr.landpoly.the_geom && userfeatures.areas.the_geom;
    ERROR:  invalid join selectivity: inf

"rtgr.landpoly" is a large table (MULTIPOLYGONs from the Census/TIGER data)
and "userfeatures.areas" is a small table (MULTIPOLYGONSs defined by the user).

rtgr.landpoly has an index on the geometry, the other doesn.

I don't really know where to look next.

     Ron