[postgis-users] geometry column

w m wokar1 at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 9 20:16:52 PST 2005

Hi
Im tryin to populate my geometry column in my postgresql database usin pgadmin

i get the following errors (i have also included a screen snapshot)

SQL error:

ERROR:  column "latitude" does not exist

In statement:
INSERT INTO "geometry_columns" ("f_table_catalog", "f_table_schema", "f_table_name", "f_geometry_column", "coord_dimension", "srid", "type", "attrelid", "varattnum", "stats") VALUES (Latitude, public, 'Hotspots', circle, '45.5177', '1', polygon, '1', '1', '1')

i have a column called latitude in my table hotspots.

is it necessary to enter values in each field??

in the coord_dimension field does i have to be x,y format or can it be any value or does it have to be the latitudes

im doing all this because i would like to use this command pgsql2shp...but first i need to fill the geometry column because otherwise i get the following error

-bash-2.05b$ pgsql2shp Montreal Hotspots
Initializing... No geometry column found.
The DBF file will be created but not the shx or shp files.
Done.
Dumping: XX [4 rows]

Thank You

Nisa