[postgis-users] Has anyone considered interpolation of sparse point networks?

Gerry Creager N5JXS gerry.creager at tamu.edu
Thu Mar 17 05:49:48 PST 2005

I'm getting a dataset on a daily basis that we're putting into PostGIS.
  It's a triangulated irregular network (although others will be
quadrilateral irregular networks, or irregular polygons) with a scalar
at the vertices.

I will be saving these in PostGIS, and as part of the visualization
process (I'll also post appropriate questions toward the Mapserver list)
we're going to need to interpolate to create a processed, synthetic
dataset of contours.

This seems like it should be straightforward, but I'm having a little
trouble organizing a strategy and getting started.

Has anyone else looked at this sort of problem and done something similar?

Thanks,
Gerry
Gerry Creager -- gerry.creager at tamu.edu
Cell: 979.229.5301 Office: 979.458.4020 FAX: 979.847.8578
Page: 979.228.0173