[postgis-users] Strange SQL error

Stephen Davies sdc at sdc.com.au
Tue Nov 8 19:58:16 PST 2005

G'day.

If I submit the following to psql I get an error saying that miny must
be included in an aggregate function.

select extent(mbr),minx,miny,maxx,maxy from logger left join refmap on
logger.refmap=refmap.name where logger.id=1

If I change the function to astext(mbr), there is no error and the
result is usable.

Is there a way to make the first version work?

Cheers and thanks,
Stephen Davies
This email is for the person(s) identified above, and is confidential to
the sender and the person(s).  No one else is authorised to use or
disseminate this email or its contents.

Stephen Davies Consulting                            Voice: 08-8177 1595
Adelaide, South Australia.                             Fax: 08-8177 0133
Computing & Network solutions.                       Mobile:0403 0405 83