[postgis-users] best language for desktop + postgis

Paul Ramsey pramsey at refractions.net
Fri Nov 18 10:29:37 PST 2005

Depends on what you mean by "desktop interaction".  For client side
scripting I would recommend Python, because the Python GIS guys (Sean
and Howard) have put a lot of effort into making sure there are
useful bindings to things like proj, geos, gdal, mapscript and also
some utility support for postgis data structures.  For "desktop GIS"
start with something like uDig and elabourate/customize via extension.

P.