[postgis-users] trouble moving data: revisited

Sears, Jeremy Jeremy.Sears at CCRS.NRCan.gc.ca
Thu Nov 24 12:46:14 PST 2005

Hey Strk,
Thanks for the prompt reply.
No, psql will not work w/out asking for a password.
I have set the PGPASSWORD var and tried again...

I still get the msg:
"password authentification failed for user "postgres_test""

The db superuser is postgres_test. Both this user and the pass have been set
with the environment vars. I dont understand why it says the pass is bad.

Is it possible that the user who restores the new db must be the same one
who created the restore dump? (Im thinking same user name, rights etc..)