[postgis-users] Making shp2pgsql using iconv in /usr/local?

Larry Shaffer larry at shafferinteractive.com
Tue Nov 29 14:01:51 PST 2005

Thanx for the help, but...

Using the command

LDFLAGS="-L/usr/local/lib -liconv" > CFLAGS="-I/usr/local/include" make
shp2pgsql

just responds saying there is no directory at -I/usr/local/include

So, I thought maybe you accidentally added the '>' from your email
program copy/paste and ran the command as the following instead

LDFLAGS="-L/usr/local/lib -liconv" CFLAGS="-I/usr/local/include" make
shp2pgsql

No go. Still fails to use the iconv in /usr/local same errors as making
without the LD and C FLAGS env variables set and the USEICONV (sp?) set
to 1 in ../Makefile.config.

Hmmm. Maybe it's my install of iconv, but I have built many items off of
it, including PHP.

--
Larry

# strk at refractions.net <strk at refractions.net> emailed the following
#   on Tue, Nov 29, 2005 at 9:53 AM (1:53 AM South Dakota, USA):