[postgis-users] QGIS 0.7 and PostGIS 1.0.4 works fines on Debian

david techer davidtecher at yahoo.fr
Fri Sep 16 06:23:43 PDT 2005

Hi Brent

Hi Devrim, Hi Brent

Sorry for my being late to answer ;-)

I've built QGIS 0.7 on a Debian Minimal Sarge on my computer
PCG-FR215E 32 bits/256 Mo Ram.

All I found using  my /etc/apt/sources.list was

aptitude show qgis | grep Version

gave me

Version : 0.6.0-2

So it is an old version,  actually no .deb has been released from QGIS
Team :-(

So nevermind! To compil QGIS 0.7I, Ihad to do since (PostgreSQL
8.0.3/Geos2.1.4/PostGIS 1.0.4/Proj 4.4.9 have already built on my computer)

apt-get update
apt-get upgrade
aptitude install qt3-dev-tools # in order to have QT 3.3.4
apt-get install libsqlite3-dev # in order to have sqlite

Download qgis-0.7.0.tar.gz

tar xvzf qgis-0.7.0.tar.gz
cd qgis-0.7.0
./configure && make && make install

I know that Ubuntu has done a support for AMD64, for Debian Sarge 3.1 too
is supported for a stable version on a AMD64.
(if I don't say something wrong!)

For me Ubuntu is just a "Debian-Like", but a good release said on of my
friend!

If Devrim could update the RPM he did for the community (MapServer,...)
it could be a great idea!
I know that few RPM have already done from QGIS Team for 0.7.